- Segal Rogerscasey Canada
Segal Rogerscasey Canada
About Segal Rogerscasey Canada
Segal Rogerscasey Canada serves a broad spectrum of pension and retirement plans, endowments, foundations, financial intermediaries and private wealth investors. We are registered as a Portfolio Manager in each province across Canada. As fee-based advisors, our only income is from investment consulting and management. We provide objective, independent investment advice and build implemented platforms without the conflicts associated with directly managing money.
Our services include:
- Investment Consulting
- Implemented Investment Solutions
- Retirement Plan Consulting
- Advisor Solutions Group
Segal Rogerscasey Canada is a research-driven firm that utilizes our proprietary, hands-on research – capital markets, manager evaluation, and portfolio construction – to enable superior results for our clients.
We believe that:
- Thorough capital market research is essential since asset allocation is the most important determinant of portfolio performance.
- There are two sources of return - Alpha and Beta – which is the focus of our two research teams and we use both in constructing portfolios.
- Active managers add value. We focus on identifying best-in-class managers and we’ve removed the barrier between traditional and alternative investment strategies to focus on identifying skilled and talented managers.
- Manager due diligence is critical to investment success. We developed a disciplined and objective process, including compliance monitoring, to evaluate managers and make changes where needed.
- Portfolio construction is an important source of added value. Our process focuses on meeting investor needs and objectives. We believe portfolios should be designed with an explicit purpose – a principle that we call purpose-driven investing.
- Risk management must be applied to portfolio construction – a lesson reinforced by the recent financial crisis. Most investment policies accept more uncertainty than necessary.
- Rebalancing and dynamic asset allocation within a range are strategies that can add value and control risk.